Saturday, June 23, 2007

The New Blog

My initial two weeks in England have now come to a close and, with a little bit of downtime before the trip back, I’d like to take the next two weeks to get you all caught up on the experience. As usual, there are tons of pictures and of course some interesting stories. I have decided to call this series of Road Scholar updates "English Lessons" and I will try to theme each lesson accordingly.

From a TRS perspective I’ve decided to change things up a bit and you've probably already noticed a result of that change. I’ll still be sending updates out to the mailing list but I have decided to give in to the dark side and will also be posting updates on my new blog: trsengland.blogspot.com. When I post to the blog, the English Lesson will automatically be sent to the TRS mailing list, which is why you probably received a duplicate update this morning. The blog will allow me to more easily send updates and integrate photos directly into them, which will be much faster than trying to keep the TRS web site up to date while "on the road".

Occasionally I may post things directly to the blog without sending them out to the mailing list. For example, in a few minutes I'll be posting a list of terms I’ve compiled so far on my visit to the UK. I will update the list as new words and phrases are discovered, but rather than resend the email each time, readers can check that post at their leisure. With regard to that particular post a word of warning: for you younger readers (and perhaps some of you older ones as well), the list does contain some explicit language, so read at your own risk. For anyone familiar with the United Kingdom this doesn't come as much of a surprise since, let’s face it, Welsh sailors got their reputation for a reason.